The pE-100 series is a family of single-wavelength fluorescence LED illumination systems, which are compact and simple to use. Systems can be specified at any one of 20 different LED wavelengths, and are ideal for routine clinical screening, electrophysiology or basic research applications. Operation is by a remote manual control pod with instant on/off and irradiance control from 0-100%, with remote control available via a TTL trigger.
The pE-100 system is designed for fluorescence applications requiring a single LED excitation wavelength. It is perfect for clinical applications such as routine screening (e.g. using Auramine for Tuberculosis), for research applications requiring precise irradiance control and fast-switching, or for electrophysiology applications where light has to be delivered to a specific location. The user can select from 20 different LED wavelengths, ranging from the near-UV at 365 nm to the near-IR at 770 nm. For increased irradiance, a direct fit version is also available, which fits directly to the microscope via a specified adaptor.
- Broadest LED spectrum available: 365-770 nm: replaces metal halide or mercury
- Compatible with existing single and multi-band filter sets: no need to buy new filters
- Simple to fit, simple to use: no alignment, a once only adjustment
- Stable and repeatable: reliable and consistent results
- Wide range of microscope adaptors: fits most microscopes
- Precise irradiance control in 1% steps (0-100%): no ND filters required
- Excellent uniformity over field of view: fixed and stable, no alignment necessary
The system comprises a pE-100 LED Light Source, control pod, and power supply.
Control pod for operation and access to settings and usage history.
Manual control for instant on/off and irradiance control in 1% steps from 0 – 100%
Via single TTL for on/off control using a BNC connection on the control pod. Triggering speed approx. 150 µs
There are three standard pE-100 configuration options:
- Direct-fit: The pE-100 is designed to connect directly to a microscope’s epi-illumination port by selecting from a range of microscope adaptors. A simple once only adjustment will allow optimisation to the optical path of the microscope (watch the tutorial video here).
- Liquid Light Guide: The pE-100light guide connects to the microscope via a fixed 3 mm diameter, 1.5 m long liquid light guide.
- Fibre: The pE-100fiber features an SMA connection for accepting multimode fibres and has been designed with efficient coupling into a wide range of fibre types which can be sourced independently or purchased through CoolLED (see accessories). The pE-100fiberalso includes excitation filter holders.
Combining pE-100 Light Sources
- Direct fit configuration
pE-100 units can be combined using the pE-Combiner for applications requiring a second LED wavelength with independent control and triggering.
100-240 V a.c. 50/60 Hz, 0.7 A
2.2 W (standby) 25 W (full irradiance)
pE-100 Light Source (direct fit): 60 mm(w) x 170 mm(d) x 70 mm(h) – Weight 0.42 kg
pE-100light guide Light Source: 52 mm(w) x 95 mm(d) x 52 mm(h) – Weight 0.42 kg
pE-100fiber Light Source: 76 mm(w) x 165 mm(d) x 80 mm(h) – Weight 0.42 kg
Combined 2 x pE-100fiber: 190 mm(w) x 220 mm(d) x 190 mm (h) – Weight 1.5 kg
pE-100 Control Pod: 102 mm(w) x 110 mm(d) x 50 mm(h) – Weight 0.55 kg
pE-100 Power Supply: 55 mm(w) x 95 mm(d) x 40 mm(h) – Weight 0.19 kg
Environment and Safety
- Mercury-free and Laser-free
- Energy Efficient: 80% less power
- Long lifetime
- No bulb replacements
- Reduced risk of eye damage
- Quiet operation
- No special disposal regulations or issues
Industry-leading 36 months. Read more here.
CoolLED pE-100 (470 nm) provides very bright and stable excitation light for GCaMP3 imaging. Use of LEDs is very easy and convenient, additionally TTL trigger on and off provides some flexibility.
Chuanqiang Zhang, PhD student, Hans-Berger Department of Neurology, University Hospital Jena
I originally approached various companies with regards to getting an LED light source for my Leica DMLB microscope. The fact that the microscope was old and had a mechanised stage meant that some of the LED systems that we looked at were unsuitable to be fitted. Thankfully the CoolLED system simply slots in where the old mercury bulb unit used to sit. It took less than five minutes to fit, and was ready to use once it was switched on. No more waiting for the bulb to get to temperature, no more bulb changing, or re-calibrating of the mirrors before use. Simply marvellous!
Kam Yim Wong, Immunology Dept, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth UK
We have had great results using the CoolLED pE-100 on our TB, fungus and bacteria screening microscopes and find the CoolLED LED products make screening quick and easy.
Richard Wills, Microbiology Laboratory Manager at The Royal Berkshire Hospital
The main benefit of CoolLED's light source is the ability to switch on and off when required and also not having to align or change a bulb every 300 hours. Over the years it will pay for itself when compared to the cost of mercury bulbs.
Kevin MacKenzie, Histology/EM and Imaging Facility, Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen University
- A 340/380 nm light-emitting diode illuminator for Fura-2 AMratiometric Ca2+imaging of live cells with better than 5 nMprecision
- Reduced Sleep-Like Quiescence in Both Hyperactive and Hypoactive Mutants of the Galphaq Gene egl-30 during lethargus in Caenorhabditis elegans.
- Visualization of Protein Kinase Activities in Living Cells
- Three-dimensional DNA image cytometry by optical projection tomographic microscopy for early cancer diagnosis
- Simultaneous Automated Screening and Confirmatory Testing for Vasculitis-Specific ANCA.
|244-87-XXX-YYY-ZZ:||pE-100 direct fit Light Source, fixed collimating adaptor to customer-specified microscope, remote manual control pod, and power supply.|
|244-87-XXX-L15-ZZ:||pE-100light guide Light Source with fixed 3 mm diameter, 1.5 m long liquid light guide, remote manual control pod, and power supply.|
|pE-100-F-XXX-ZZ:||pE-100fiber Light Source, remote manual control pod, SMA fibre connection, and power supply (no fibre provided).|
|pE-100-F-XXX-XXX-ZZ:||Combination of two pE-100fiber Light Sources, remote manual control pod, SMA fibre connection, and power supply. Accepts 25 mm diameter excitation filters (fibre and filters not provided).|
- Wavelength (XXX) see Description tab above for wavelenght Spectrum.
- Microscope code (YYY) from Adaptors
- Power cable (ZZ): 10 = Australia, 20 = Europe, 30 = UK, 40 = USA
Click here for our range of fibres and other accessories.
No imaging software availale for this product