CoolLED is delighted to announce that it’s pE-300 Series has been awarded the ACT Label for sustainability.
In October 2017, My Green Lab launched ACT, the first environmental impact factor label for laboratory products. ACT (accountability, consistency, transparency) is designed to provide critical information on the environmental impact of laboratory products. “The ACT label makes it possible for scientists and procurement specialists to choose safe, sustainable products by focusing on the impact of making, using, and disposing of a product and its packaging,” says Allison Paradise, executive director of My Green Lab. As such, ACT is the premier eco-label for laboratory consumables, chemicals and reagents, and equipment.
The environmental impact of laboratories is enormous. Buildings with laboratories often consume five times more energy than office buildings and use millions of gallons of water per year. In 2014 alone, it was estimated that labs discarded over 12 billion pounds of plastic—which doesn’t include gloves, hazardous waste and packaging waste. But it doesn’t have to be like this. Labs can significantly reduce their environmental impact through smarter purchasing. By providing third-party verified information on a product’s energy consumption, water use, and end-of-life, ACT empowers purchasers to consider sustainability alongside performance.
CoolLED is extremely proud to have the ACT Label. The award-winning pE-300 Series is a range of LED Illumination Systems for Fluorescence Microscopy, Optogenetics, Electrophysiology and high-speed microscopy applications. It comprises 3 systems providing a solution that covers a range of everyday fluorescence microscopy; from the simple pE-300lite through the classic pE-300white to the highly controllable pE-300ultra. The pE-300 Series offers:
- High intensity at your microscope sample plane – view and image your samples brighter than ever.
- Adjustment of output in 1% steps on all systems – giving precise control whether imaging quickly or for a gentler approach to care for your samples and the environment.
- Spectral coverage for all your everyday fluorophores: DAPI, CFP, Aqua, GFP, FITC, Tritc, TxRed, Cy5 and alike.
- Power consumption of less than 60W when operated at full power (other light sources typically use between 130-220W)
- Instant on/off – saves time, money and drastically reduces the negative effect of continuously running alternative bulbs such as mercury or metal halide
- Control with software or TTL – only produce light when imaging or screening, leading to further experimental and environmental benefits.
As Go Beyond Award winners for “Excellence in sustainability in laboratory and other high technology facilities”, CoolLED were delighted to also be recognised recently at the I2SL (International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories) Conference in the US, for leading the way in ACT Label adoption and committing to shaping a more sustainable future for microscopy around the world.
CoolLED is proud to be taking LED efficiency to the next level.