Are you interested in Cell Biology? Would you like to work with a revolutionary 3D microscope to explore living cells? Do you dream of visiting Switzerland?
CoolLED & Nanolive are inviting undergraduate students from all over the world to submit a proposal to win a one week trip to Nanolive’s headquarters in Lausanne at the end of July (dates subject to discussion). The winner will get a chance to work alongside Nanolive’s scientists and use the cutting-edge 3D Cell Explorer microscope to explore living cells in 3D. Visit this page to see all the amazing applications you can use the 3D Cell Explorer for: www.nanolive.ch/applications.
2D slice from the RI map of a mouse fibroblast. The small images show its internal compartments (a. nucleus + nuclear membrane, b. lipid droplets, c. lysosomes, d. plasma membrane, e. nucleoli, f. mitochondria).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to email@example.com before May 31st. The application should include the following:
- Your best single cell image or cell-cell interaction you acquired with a few lines caption explaining cell type, equipment used, date of acquisition and context (e.g. cell biology course, internship, …)
- One A4 page explaining why you would like to go to Switzerland and what excites you about live cell imaging
- Recommendation letter from your biology professor/ head of department or any relevant faculty member
- The competition prize is a 1-week research project at Nanolive’s headquarter in Lausanne to work with the 3D Cell Explorer holo-tomographic microscope. Coverage includes round-trip to Nanolive’ headquarter, accommodation and lunch allowance.
- This competition is reserved to academic undergraduate students currently enrolled in a life science course (Bachelor or Master).
- Applicants must have a valid passport to travel to Switzerland (including Visa if applicable).
- Each submission needs to be supported with a letter of recommendation by a departmental head or biology professor or any relevant faculty member.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Each student may submit one proposal for judging.
- Entries will be judged on:
- Cell Image aesthetics/ scientific value
- Enthusiasm & Motivation
- Quality of the application
- Entries must be received no later than May 31st, 2018.
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prizewinners will be notified by email before the end of June.
- The judging panel for the competition is selected solely by Nanolive SA and is final. The decision of Nanolive SA panel of judges is final.
- By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that:
- If your entry is selected by Nanolive as a winning project, you give Nanolive SA, worldwide rights to use your name and cell image in connection with the competition as Nanolive sees fit.
- After your 1 week project will be completed, you give Nanolive SA, worldwide rights to use your results on its website/ communication / marketing material.
- Winning projects will only be used in connection with the competition and accompanying publicity and will include appropriate credits.
- All reasonable care will be taken in handling projects digital files, but Nanolive SA does not assume responsibility for their loss or damage.