4-wavelength excitation system
The pE-2 LED excitation system is designed for use on all current epi-fluorescent microscopes. It provides stable, controllable and intense light. The Main Unit can drive up to 4 LED wavelengths. It is a modular product which uses LAMs (LED Array Modules) selected from our wide range of LED wavelengths. These LAMs can be interchanged by the user so that different wavelengths can be excited depending on the application.
pE-2 system: Key Features:
- Modular system which drives up to 4 wavelengths
- Switch on and off instantly
- Adjust light intensity in 1% steps (0-100%)
- Stable, repeatable light intensity
- LEDs last for tens of thousands of hours
- Wide range of LED wavelengths available
- Integrated with many imaging software packages
- Quiet & cool operation
- pE-2 collimator with exchangeable dichroic mirror for full flexibility
- Accepts excitation filters for fast-switching applications
"Following comparitive testing, we selected CoolLED's LED systems. Intensity, ease of control, and integration with our selected imaging software, were the reason for making this selection. We now have 12 CoolLED systems and plan more in future. We like CoolLED's flexible approach and found the company to be responsive and supportive".
Pawel Pasierbek, IMP, Vienna
Typical applications for pE-2 systems:
- Live Cell
- Dual Staining
- Time Lapse
With a CoolLED LED product, you will....
- Never have to re-align your light source
- No warm-up or cool-down period required
- No need to use ND filters
- No need to use shutters
- No bulb safety and disposal issues
The pE-2 collimator fits to your microscope's epi-fluorescent port. Two light-guides deliver the LED excitation from the Main Unit. The collimator contains an exchangeable combining dichroic mirror to bring both light channels into a single collimated beam. This means that you can easily swap the dichroic mirror if you select new LED wavelength LAMs and require the mirror at a different wavelength position. You can also transfer your excitation filters to the pE-2 collimator for Dual Staining / Fast-switching applications.
Weight - 1.16kg